Don't you just love statistics! These show
why On-Hold Messaging is good for you.
Statistics that Add Up: Benefits of On-Hold Messaging
Facts that May Surprise You
- 70% of business calls are put On-Hold.
- If put On-Hold with SILENCE:
- Customers on-hold to silence may hang up in as few as 8 seconds;
- 34% hang up and never call back;
- 72% hang up and call the competition;
- After 58 seconds of silence the average caller perceives that they have been on hold for 2-3 minutes.
- If put On-Hold with Messaging:
- 70% stay on hold and listen to the message;
- 50% of callers remember the message;
- 41% will initiate a purchase;
- 88% of callers prefer On-Hold Messaging to silence.
- Callers stay On-Hold longer while listening to On-Hold Messaging & Music On-Hold:
- 25% longer;
- 17% longer than listening to radio;
- 94% of all marketing budgets are spent on inducing a customer to call, while only 6% is spent on handling the call once it is received.
- If On-Hold Messaging saves just 2 calls a day that translates to at least 520 potential customers every year, which of course has a significant impact on your bottom line!
- Consider that the average wait time is about 60 seconds, but callers respond to silent holds by hanging up in as few as 8 seconds.
Top of Page
© 2016 AdVantage Telecom, Inc.